6.1 By registering for the Event, Participant acknowledges, agrees and consents that/to:
(c) (1) MindChamps, as well as their respective representatives, agents and/or authorised service providers, collecting, using, disclosing and processing Participant’s personal data, including sharing between themselves and their business partners, Participant’s personal data including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Materials”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in MindChamps’ publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Event or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation.
(2) Participant further agrees that the Event may be recorded, and by Participant providing any video or audio feeds (whether or not in connection with the video contest(s)), which shall also be deemed to be part of the Materials, he/she agrees that these feeds may be recorded as part of the recording of the Event, which MindChamps may in its sole and absolute discretion edit, use, distribute and/or exploit in such manner as it may see fit, including without limitation, via postings on social media and other distribution platforms. For the avoidance of doubt, any video submitted by Participant in connection with the video contest(s) shall be deemed to be part of the Materials, and Participant, by submitting such video(s), shall be deemed to have granted MindChamps a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license over such video(s) to record, publish, post, display and otherwise exploit such Participant’s and the winner’s name, social media handles, likeness, image, voice, aural and visual performance (together or independently), statements and hometown, regardless of whether altered, distorted or used alone or with other material, in MindChamps’ sole and absolute discretion, for commercial, promotional, marketing and trade purposes in any medium now known or later discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity, without review or approval, and without further notice, payment or consideration of any kind.
(3) All content, including without limitation any content made available by the participants are not monitored by MindChamps. MindChamps does not pre-screen nor does it exercise editorial control over content, and is not responsible for the same. MindChamps may however, in its sole and absolute discretion, screen, delete and/or remove any content made available by Participant if MindChamps receives a complaint from another participant or a notice of intellectual property infringement or other legal instruction for removal, or which in MindChamps’ sole opinion violates these Terms & Conditions, or is otherwise illegal or objectionable, or any other reason as MindChamps may see fit. MindChamps may use automated systems that analyse any content made available by Participant to help detect infringement and abuse, such as spam, malware, and illegal content.
(4) Participant further agrees that, upon request from MindChamps:
(i) he/she shall make any necessary edits to or take down any such content (such as video(s) uploaded/submitted by Participant in connection with the Event (whether or not in connection with the video contest(s)) from Participant’s website(s) and/or social media platform(s); or
(ii) he/she shall use his/her best efforts to procure the editing of or taking down of any such content uploaded/submitted by Participant if such content is hosted on a platform outside of Participant’s control.
(5) Participant further agrees that he/she is solely responsible for any content (including any video(s) submitted by Participant in connection with the video contest(s)) he/she posts, communicates or otherwise makes available on or through or in connection with the Event on any platform (including social media platforms), including without limitation, the contents of accuracy, reliability, nature, rights clearance, compliance with law and legal restrictions associated with any of such content (including without limitation, the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act 2019 (No. 18 of 2019) of Singapore and the Protection from Harassment Act 2014 of Singapore). Any such content made available by Participant is not considered confidential by MindChamps and may be disseminated or used by MindChamps without compensation or liability to Participant for any purpose whatsoever.
(6) Participant further agrees that he/she will not communicate, upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information that:
(i) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates MindChamps’ rules or policies;
(ii) victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
(ii) infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
(iv) constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorised solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
(v) transmits software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programmes that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party, or impersonates any person or entity, including any of MindChamps’ employees or representatives;
(vi) contain any email addresses, domain names or URL links, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact or personal information.
Participant acknowledges and agrees that any video(s) submitted by Participant in connection with the video contest(s) in contravention of the above may be deemed ineligible and may be deleted/rejected/disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of MindChamps.
6.2 In addition, Participant agrees that MindChamps, as well as their respective representatives, agents and/or authorised service providers, may collect, use, disclose and process Participant’s personal data, including sharing Participant’s personal data between themselves, their business partners, Event sponsors and advertisers, and may use Participant’s personal data to provide Participant (and where applicable, Participant’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s)) with information concerning products, services, promotions, special offers, rewards and the like, whether by way of telephone call, text message, email or otherwise.
Specific Terms for Video Contest(s)
6.3 Only video entries received up to 2 September 2022 (11:59pm) (“Eligible Period”) will be eligible for prize participation. MindChamps is the official timekeeper of the Eligible Period.
6.4 Any video(s) submitted by Participant in connection with the video contest(s) in contravention of these Terms & Conditions may be deleted/rejected/disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of MindChamps.
6.5 The winner(s) of the video contest(s) will be selected by MindChamps in its sole and absolute discretion in the manner set out under these Terms & Conditions and will be notified by MindChamps based on the information provided by such prize winner(s). MindChamps shall not be liable for any failure to contact the prize winner(s), in particular if the information provided by the prize winner(s) is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete.
6.6 The winner(s) of the video contest(s) must attend the prize giving ceremony (where the Event is held) on 11 September 2022 between 1pm and 2pm to collect their prize(s) or such prize(s) will be deemed forfeited.
Video Contest(s) – Winner Determination and Verification
6.7 Participant will be required to provide the following information to be eligible for a video contest prize:
(a) full name;
(b) date of birth;
(c) email address, complete mailing address and phone number
(collectively, “Personal Information”). All requested Personal Information must be provided to participate in the video contest(s) and to be eligible to win a prize. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid or incorrect information; and entries that are counterfeit, damaged or tampered with in any way may be disqualified. Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen or not delivered may be disqualified. MindChamps is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive a prize because incomplete, invalid or incorrect information was provided by Participant. Proof of posted entry or entry receipt (such as a screenshot) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of entry by MindChamps.
6.8 Participation must be by Participant. Participation by any other individual or entity, or originating at any other website, email address or social media account, including without limitation, commercial promotion entering and subscription notification service sites, is invalid and may be disqualified.
6.9 MindChamps may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Terms & Conditions, including tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event (including the video contest(s)) or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
6.10 Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Event (including the video contest(s) may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and MindChamps may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law from any person it finds to have made such an attempt.
6.11 The process leading to the selection of each potential prize winner in respect of the video contest(s) (“Winner Determination”) is within the sole and absolute discretion of MindChamps.
6.12 Potential winner(s) are each subject to eligibility verification by MindChamps on an ongoing basis.
6.13 Participant is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a winner or issued any item of value, unless and until Participant’s eligibility has been, and continues to be verified to the satisfaction of MindChamps.
6.14 To be verified as eligible to receive a prize, each potential winner must fulfil all requirements and continue to comply with all these Terms & Conditions, and not be disqualified for any reason. Each potential winner may be notified by email or by other means (in MindChamps’ sole and absolute discretion).
(a) a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided, or fails to respond to MindChamps’ attempt to notify them of selection within five (5) business days;
(b) any prize or notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error or undeliverable message (regardless of whether the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient);
(c) the potential winner fails to sign and return the Release (as defined below) or any other required documentation or fails to comply with these Terms & Conditions;
(d) a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize or any portion as stated; or
(e) the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any reason at any time before, during or after the Event,
MindChamps may in its sole and absolute discretion determine that the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries / participants.
6.16 Actual value of the prize(s) may vary. All additional costs, including without limitation, surcharges, fees, gratuities, taxes and other personal charges not specifically described as part of the prize(s) above are not included in the prize(s). No compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. MindChamps is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, postponements, diversions, substitutions, changes in service or accommodations, or any other act, omission, or result thereof, caused by any third party. All prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not, in whole or in part available for resale. Prizes have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. MindChamps makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize. This includes, without limitation, any warranty, representation or guarantee regarding any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes are subject to availability and MindChamps may substitute a prize (or a component of a prize) with another prize if the initial prize is not available for any reason, as determined in MindChamps’ sole and absolute discretion. Other prize substitution options are available where required by law. Taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of any prize not specified as being awarded are the prize winner’s sole responsibility.
6.17 Prize-specific terms and conditions may apply. If the winner elects not to partake in any portion of the prize, any remainder of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and will not be subject to additional compensation.
6.18 Any prize details not specified in these Terms & Conditions will be determined by MindChamps in its sole and absolute discretion. If any potential winner is disqualified, not eligible, or for any other reason does not or cannot accept the prize as stated, then MindChamps may, in its sole and absolute discretion, select a new potential winner from the remaining pool of eligible entries / participants in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. Winner(s) may be required to submit, without alteration and in the form provided by MindChamps from time to time, a completed and signed Acknowledgement of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release (the “Release”) within the required time period communicated in the Release to be eligible to receive or participate in any prize.